View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi hellothere, the positive thing about the surgery is my hand used to swell really bad and turn purple, now it does swell a little sometimes, but not nearly as bad. So it did help with that.

The bad part is the pain in my neck and shoulders is much worse. On the surgical side most of the pain is in the upper back and scapula area. It's been that way for 20 years now and I haven't been able to work since. It has improved in the last year with a good stretching program, but there is still some pain there.

As far as range of motion, the arm on the surgical side goes overhead a little bit easier. On the nonsurgical side, I can feel more pulling in my neck when I reach overhead. Also, my neck is still pretty tight and it's painful to turn my head very much, especially towards the surgery side.

The surgery was pretty rough and painful afterwards. I never really fully recovered from it.

I'm hoping more people respond to this thread. It would be interesting to see how others are doing, good or bad.

Jomar, I'm impressed that you are able to do so much. It gives me more motivation.

Last edited by Coop42; 06-11-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote