View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi , I'm Mary and I used to be on here all the time. I had the pump implanted in Jan 2010, and I love it. I am almost pain free. I have my pump on the right side of my back, just about at the waist. I have a horse farm and I havne't been able to ride since I got rsd about 6 years ago. Well, once I healed, and the weather got better, I decided to get back on one of my boys. Well, It wasn't gracefull or anything, but i did it. I had 2 scs units implanted before the pump and the trial worked pretty good, but the perm unit didn't. well after the last scs was implanted, and I developed MRSA and ended up in a nursing home, I swore i would just live my life on drugs. Couldn't find a dr. in this area (Va) that would do it. Well, after a year I decided that living in a foggy head wasn't going to work. I was watching life pass me by and I couldn't join in. So I found a dr in another state, Md, and drove up to see him. He reviewed all my records and decided that a pump should be implanted. Well, I had the trial, 5 days in the hopsital. Thank heavens I was in the hospital as I had no idea I was deathly allergic to morphine. Well, I was, and as soon as we discovered that I was so sick I was going to lose it, they switched me to duladid. that was wonderful. It really worked well. SO then I had the perm implanted. stayed in hospital for a day to make sure everything was fine. It was. I've now had it for a year and 6 months, and I am almost pain free. I do have flairs and sometimes I take BT meds and take it easy. But the reason I have flairs is that sometimes I forget that I can't do things and really get carried away. One big reason drs. don't like the pump, (IMHO) is that with the scs, the dr. puts it in and turns you over to the scs rep. with the pump, you are seen quite often by the dr. You will have a relationship with the dr for the rest of your life. Most drs would rather put the scs in and get paid. and be done with it. I now go see him about every 2-3 months for a refill or maybe an adjustment to the pump. Every day I have gotten better and better. I hope I'm getting a new part time job. should know this coming week. I'm back to living my life again. All I can say, is keep looking for a dr who is open minded about things. My dr does both scs and pump. Fine one that will try both Some drs will try both trials on you to see which one works the best. I just hope you can find someone in Orlando to help you. It is wonderful and I love having my life back.

Mary
Hana (02-06-2014), SandyRI (06-11-2011)