View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 03:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My parents selling my childhood

Well it's finally happened. My parents are selling the home I've known since the age of 10 and my favorite place on earth.

They are in Arizona from October to May and Wisconsin during the summer. I never thought they would sell the house, and my sister and I would inherit it one day. This is very sad for me. I am very nostalgic and this place means the world to me.

Washington Island Wisconsin is north of Milwaukee and Green Bay off the tip of Door County. The island is about 45 miles around with a year round population of 250 and summer pop. of 3000. It's against town laws to have any "chain" business on it. No McDonalds or Burger Kings. no chain grocery stores, the one grocery store is mom and pop owned for 100 years. No stop lights, a grass runway airport for prop planes. truly Mayberry. Truly paradise. It truly can't be described to do it justice. Soon, it will be a memory.

Mom says the house won't sell soon as it's a higher priced house for the island. I think it will. It's the most desirable home on the island and is in the home tour ever year. Some rich dude from Chicago will find out and by it and take away my childhood.

Their plans are to sell it and buy something in Idaho or Colorado. they want to be closer to AZ. To get to the island (meaning when friends want to come and visit) it's a flight to Chicago (4 1/2 hours) then a 5 hour drive, then a 45 min ferry ride, to get there. they want to be able to zip to the airport to get visitors.

This GENUINELY upsets me as I never saw them selling it. I always imagined it would go eventually to our children and keep it in the family. Oh well. Nothing they buy in Colorado or Idaho will be anything like "Koo-Ka-Lure" Which means "Do-Nothing" in Norwegian, that's the name of the home.

If you want to see it, (DON'T tell anyone who can buy it!!!) here's the listing under the realtor with ok pictures:

http://northstar-realty.com/?page_id...ent_page_id=32

And Here's the ad from Realtor.com, this one has better pic's:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ex=WI529998043

Pray with me it doesn't sell- EVER! Thanks.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-11-2011), DizzyLizzy (06-11-2011)