View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Electrical weirdness

I just went into my bathroom and turned on the lights. Soon as I turned the lights on, the bulbs in the fixture above the sink AND the bulb in fixture above the shower started to flicker. Like someone was rapidly turning the lights on and off. Being freaked out, I turned the lights back off and waited a few seconds and then turned them back on.

Only one lightbulb survived the weirdness. One of the incandescent bulbs above the sink. The light in the shower was dead, and so were the other 3 bulbs in the fixture above the sink. (one of those bulbs had actually been dead for a couple of days. I cant change it out myself, cant climb the stepladder to do it)

So, now it's really really dark in my bathroom. I'm a little scared to turn the lights on in there now.

Anyone here know about electricity? Does this sound like some freak thing happening, or maybe the one bulb that died the other day could have caused a short or something? (I know you're not supposed to leave dead bulbs in fixtures because they can possibly cause shorts, or sometimes a fire)

or does it sound like I've got an electrical problem in my bathroom because whatever happened killed the bulbs in two fixtures?

Wish it had waited till later to blow the lights. I havent washed my hair yet, and I cant shower in a dark room. I'm going to have to go use my parents shower.

Hope it's just a freak thing with the lightbulbs, and that my b-in-law will come over later (he's 6ft tall, easy for him to change the bulbs for me)

It's just reminding me that I've got to figure out a new light fixture in the bathroom anyways, when they quit selling incandescent bulbs in 2012. (cant stand fluorescent bulbs...they hurt my optic nerve) I need to figure out something bright enough that wont hurt my eyes.

Heck, the strobe light effect that I just had happen in my bathroom made me a bit dizzy. I dont want that happening again.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote