View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default nickel allergy & thyroid?

I've just read most of the thread. I was diagnosed with a severe nickel allergy through the horrible patch tests last October and the spot they tested is still blistering now 8 months later. The dermatologist told me to wear titanium jewelery (I also have tested positive for a gold allergy and other things) but that it couldn't possibly be causing my constantly cracked and peeling fingertips which are getting so bad my fingernails have started to become bent and deformed. I also have many other symptoms - fatigue, mental fog, very poor short term memory, hair loss, unexplained tendonitis and bursitis and tearing in both shoulders, ridiculously heavy menstrual bleeding, burning ring of small blisters around my lips anytime I put anything on other than petroleum jelly, bloating & abdominal pain, and more. All of this started after the birth of my last child and a significant infection from a C-section. I have eliminated most nickel contact since I now have a test kit, but haven't tried the food elimination yet.

I have had many tests run for many conditions and the only thing that comes back abnormal has been my TSH but only slightly over the normal range here (5.01) and a small amount of tpo antibodies. I've been on a low dose of synthroid for 2 months and the fatigue and mental fog has improved a great deal but none of the other symptoms so far anyway.

I'm wondering if anyone else has thyroid issues as well? A lot of the reading I have done seems to link thyroid with autoimmune issues.

Thanks!

Autumn
Sick & Tired is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote