Thread: Second Hit
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Second Hit

Hi everyone,

I had a concussion at the end of January due to a serious car accident, with symptoms that persisted all the way through to May of this year. I was starting to feel better at the end of May and beginning of June, so much so that I was even able to re-start my regular running routine without much dizziness, nausea or terrible headaches. It wasn't perfect, but it was soooo much better than before and I was starting to feel like things were finally going to be okay again.

Then, last weekend, beginning of June, I accidentally hit the right side of my head on the backyard door when I got up from placing the little piece of "wood" at the bottom. I felt okay that night, and the next day, but two days later I started feeling PCS symptoms again. The dizziness, terrible headaches, nausea, sensitivity to light and being in "busy" places like the grocery store, etc plus terrible neck pain which I've never had this bad before.

It feels exactly like it did when I had my concussion in January.

My question is: Did this second hit bring back my PCS symptoms from the first concussion, or could this be a whole NEW concussion on its own, or Second Impact Syndrome?

Also, should I tell my doctor that I have hit my head again? I am concerned about this, honestly, because I am afraid that my car insurance will stop treating me with physio if they think that my current symptoms are as a result of my second hit and not the accident. Can my doctor really do anything for me at this point except tell me to rest it off???? Is it worth it??

I should also add that I went to get a CAT scan on Tuesday following the car accident, so the doctor wouldn't even be helpful in ordering one, etc.

And if it has been a week since my second hit and I am still HERE, does that mean I can assume it's just my PCS symptoms again and nothing more serious?

Thank you to anybody with insight.
kayseeah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote