View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Red face Cruise in a week 5/19

Got the forum link Mari, thanks it has so much info.
I am hoping for nice weather, no rain, and not too humid. I was so excited about the trip for months. Worried about leaving older son and grandson home without contact. But, I wanted to have a once in a lifetime memory making trip...

For me I did buy two coverups. I have two nice bathing suits.

dh really did not care to go.
I am wondering why it ment so much for me to take the trip.....and means nothing to him, although he hates the shore, heat and sun...I did not tell him he had to go.
dd with her anxiety did not want to travel, especially that far, without daddy. So be a daddy and suck it up stop sulking.
On recent trips away, he knows how she can get anxious about being away from home. (I am not much better, but hide it)

You would think with our 20th anniversay coming up it would be a get away we normally could not take. We have been together 33 years though...instead he is scrooge and grumpy all in one.....

I am sad enough under the circumstances,

Wonder what the end result will be in two weeks...I know he really does love me. When we are driving and our song comes on he holds my hand and sings, but then minutes later if I ask if we can make a pit stop, he huffs and puffs,
With the water pills for BP I need to go when I need to go....
Well enough whining. This is not new behavior, just has gotten worse this year.(settlement money in my name)

One way or another I will give my children a nice trip. Even if it means he sits on board sleeping and drinking, while we do some budget excursions.

I will see what kind of help I get from him tomorrow for packing, making arrangements, get the car ready. All I asked tonight was to keep the luggage scale handy....he looked around at my packing disarry and screeched WHERE?
I took it off him and put it in my med bag....
Oh joy, what fun.....It is like this everyday...
Something better give, or the downstairs will look like a nice apartment for him to veg his self away.
If the romance can't be rekindled, then I need to make some distance between us.

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-12-2011), BlueMajo (06-15-2011), Dmom3005 (06-17-2011), Mari (06-12-2011), OhKay (06-13-2011), waves (06-12-2011)