View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I feel 150 pounds lighter. I no longer accept that she is my responsibility to raise, help, heal, carry, or drag thru life. I forgive her for the horrible childhood. I forgive her for the horrible adult hood. I forgive her for never making ANY contact with my children while smother the drug addicts children with love and affection. I forgive her all of it. and now I am forgetting. I release her back to the universe from which she came. She is beyong my control, my help, my love, and my interventions. I wish her well, I wish her great love, but mostly I wish her out of my life. im so tired of the constant drama, and BS and lies, and manipulations. I just cant and wont do it any more.

Thanks for allowing me to make this declaration public. im done.

((((Dej)))) You GO Girl!! Right on!

For the last 1.5 yrs, I have been 'letting go', letting go of the heavy load I was carrying. I changed my 'words' from 'sure, I will be right over' and 'what can I do to help?' to saying 'oh, that doesn't work for me' or 'that must be tough'- and it has been truly liberating! I have been using this technique with my mom now too, and it is helping so much! I do not get pulled into the drama anymore, and it feels so good! I would get so fuming mad at the things my mom would say, or the things she tried to 'persuade' me into believing or doing.

Now, it has become 'normal' for me to put myself first and not feel guilty about anything. It is the major paradigm shift that I never imagined could happen.

Stay strong, always put yourself first, do what makes YOU happy,do not allow 'energy sucking' people into your life.... just think of it as your 'points plus' values...you only get so many points per day, so you are more consciensious on the choices you decide to spend your points on, right? Well, you also only have so many 'spoons' in your day, and you get to choose when you want to use a spoon....and it seems as if your mom and sister take more than their share of spoons every time they engage you in even a simple conversations, they have enough of your spoons already, don't give them any more!

Amy

DO WHAT makes you happy, Be with WHO makes you smile, Laugh as much as you breathe & LOVE as LONG as you LIVE

July 2006- First significant SXs, suspect it started back in mid 1990's
1/21/09 - Positive MS Dx
2/17/09 - 2nd Positive MS Dx
4/2/09 - MS Dx 3rd Neuro - finally found the Dr. who has the characteristics I was looking for

10/8/09-optic neuritis flair, Cog Fog, chronic headaches
5/4/09 - 12/15/09 Copaxone
1/15/2010 - First Tysabri Infusion - 3/25/16 - Last Tysabri Infusion
3/3/16 - signed the documents to start the Lemtrada journey
4/25/16. Lemtrada begins.
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debw (06-13-2011), Dejibo (06-12-2011), hollym (06-13-2011), Kitty (06-12-2011), SallyC (06-12-2011)