View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Hey guys,

Small update from my side,

Since I came back home in these two weeks, I have increased the Lyrica to 300mg x 2 together with 75-100mg Amytriptaline at night and have had the following improvements:

1.) I have had full night of sleep every night for the past two weeks (9-10hours).

2.) I have started to experience a slight improvement in overall pain (in particular to the burning - its more scattered rather than the whole lower leg).

3.) I have been increasing my mobility day by day and spending much more time on my feet (at home) + can now manage to go for 1 walk outside for 20min daily.

I am still in constant pain, experience temperature and color changes in both feet and still very restricted to the house due to the pain. So no real deduction in symptoms, however a slight deduction in overall pain + increased mobility + increase sleep (which helps physical pain from movement in the day)

Today I do not know where I stand. Is this slight improvement in pain + increase in mobility a sign that things might turn for the better or is the medication 'helping' the pain, thus allowing me to be more mobile to a certain extent? All I know is I want to get rid of the pain 1 way or another and get back to gym, fishing etc and don't want to 'control' it and learn to live with it. My thigh muscle is really weak and wasted and I really need to begin to work it somehow without aggravating the pain (very difficult).

I was supposed to fly up to Germany next week and do a 10 day ketamine inpatient treatment with doctor Rohr but now i am not sure what to do?? Should I keep taking it week by week and see where it gets me? Or should I waste no more time and do the treatment? I have now been around 7 months in pain and really want to take the right decision!

Can anyone please help me understand what is happening or what I should do as im not quite sure at the moment?

Thanks again,

Nigel
You have a shot at remission with the Ketamine. It may be your only one!
Once CRPS is "Old and Cold" (as Mike frequently reminds us) you likely to be stuck with just management.

Great news that you are getting around a little and getting some sleep.

Keep moving and bearing weight to keep the wasting at bay!!!!!!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote