View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sitting

Besides the scalenectomy that I had in 1991, I've also had two lower back surgeries. One in 1990 that was a flop, and another one in 1994, that turned out pretty good. Joe Montana's Doc did that one. But ever since then, I've still had lower back and leg pain. That, along with the upper body pain from the TOS, has made sitting very difficult and painful. I mounted a TV on the ceiling in the bedroom, so I spend a lot of time lying in bed and watching TV. It's way more comfortable than trying to sit.

One of the benefits I'm starting to notice from all my stretching, is that sitting is starting to get more comfortable, which has me pretty excited. It's really hard to go places and do things when you can't sit comfortably. Many times I've flared myself up, just because I sat in an uncomfortable chair for too long, or rode in somebody's car that had uncomfortable seats. Most of the time I just stand, and sometimes people get kind of weird about it. They think I'm uncomfortable because I'm standing, and it makes them nervous or something.

I'm hoping if I keep all this stretching up, the sitting will keep getting easier. Just that, would be a huge quality of life improvement for me.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-12-2011)