View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinEyesMs305 View Post
Strawberry-

First and foremost, I'm sooo sorry you are joining us, especially under such circumstances! It's really great that your friend made you aware of your fall.

As for your sinuses troubles, I guess all I can say is it could be related? I have suffered with sinus problems all my life, (many times it triggers a migraine if weather conditions are right). And believe me, when sinus problems and PCS team up, I honestly feel like I can't take it anymore. Its extremely painful, and can include things like ear pain, jaw pain etc. Did the urgent care provide an antibiotic for a potential infection? If so, that should help if that's what's causing it. I have polyps in my sinuses and was told that infection can get entrenched around and under them, so I may need a few rounds of antibiotics if I get an infection. (However, ENT told me surgery to remove them was not the best answer either). Perhaps see an ENT (ear/nose/throat)?

As for your anxiety, I also have been suffering from panic disorder since age 14, (I'm 25 now). After a few years of random meds, I finally found one that worked for me and helped reduce my panic symptoms and minor depressive episodes. When I had my accident in March, my boyfriend noticed that I was extremely agitated most of the time, so my psychiatrist upped the dosage, which has seemed to help. You say you are taking ativan, as a rescue drug. Are you taking anything preventative, like an SSRI? If not, I suggest looking into it. It took me from a very dark place, to somewhere were I was able to enjoy my life again and not feel completely panicked 24/7.

As for your parents, that's what they are there for

As for the progression of a bleed, if there was nothing on the MRI you didn't sustain one during your fall. I'm not an MD, but I would think provided you do not experience trauma again (e.g. hit your head), your brain will not bleed.

In regards to your symptoms: Nausea, headaches, dizziness and mixing up words are all VERY normal symptoms of PCS. Rest should help your brain heal, and hopefully ease these symptoms with time. Random pain can be a symptom of PCS. As for muscle soreness, have you been resting, (as you should be), most of the day? If so, your body may be reacting to being suddenly still most of the time, (mine did for almost a month). As for spasms, I experience this. It's like the spasms your body has when you sleep? My doctor explained it as my body is focused on healing my brain, and is in a constant state of rest, so it triggers these spasms, like the ones you experience sometimes when you are asleep. This has gotten a lot better as I've made some recovery. Indigestion/Heart burn... sounds like this is your bodies reaction to the panic, (I experience this at times.) Do you think this relates to your chest pains as well?

I hope I've helped and have answered all your questions. Feel free to keep posting... it helps to know you are not alone and you and I seem to be experiencing a ton of the same things. I'd suggest an ENT if you are really worried about your sinuses and definitely looking into something to prevent the anxiety, like an SSRI.

Again, so sorry you are joining us... but wishes to a speedy, less scary, recovery.
Thank you so much for the kind and insightful reply. It really helped make me feel better.
It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm feeling so nauseous and bad overall. Spent the day in a panic, went to the local urgent care center. Was examined by a doctor who looked at me as if I were a joke and was basically told to keep taking my anxiety medication. My right nasal passage is almost swollen shut without any mucus. I want to cry but I can't because it'll make everything worse. I don't mean to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself, but I'm so frustrated. My headaches are coming and going today, but are pretty sharp and painful.

It REALLY helps to read all of your posts and know more about all of you. It makes me feel like we are going through this healing together, and it makes us stronger. SO much love to all of you!! xoxo
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ken Koester (02-25-2014)