View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Would also appriciate if you guys could help me out with the following few questions:

1. Does the pain in the particular limb aggravate in certain positions (eg when extended) and calm down in more comfortable positions?

2. Does the discoloration in the affected limb go once elevated or when mobilizing the limb?

3. Is its possible to have RSD and not have abnormal swelling in the area?

4. Is it possible for some symptoms (eg motty patches, redness and abnormal heating) to travel to the other leg, however not experience alot of pain in it?

5. Is it normal for the affected limb to jump/tick when trying to fall asleep?

Thanks again for listening, just trying to find asweres in what is happening to me as its becoming a real struggle sitting down all day with the pain worsening and not know what is goin on

Nigel:

I highly recommend that you consult with a doctor who has experience with Calmare Pain Therapy (Scrambler Therapy). The doctor who invented this wonderful treatment for chronic pain is at the University of Padua. Whether or not you have RSD/CRPS you are suffering from chronic pain. This treatment is non-invasive, and from my daughter's experience and also 2 other people we personally are acquainted with, it works and quickly.

My 30 yr. old athletic daughter has CRPS in one leg and required crutches to walk for almost two years. The future appeared dismal. After doing research we learned of Calmare Therapy Treatment and decided it was the best of the options available as all other options were very invasive. She also did not want to become doped on drugs...Lyrica plays with your brain as well as opiods, and they did not lessen her pain much. I will say that the treating doctor requested that she taper off drugs except for tylenol and ibiphropren before treatment. It was tough to do but she says well worth it.

We live in the States but I know this treatment is available in Europe. Our experience was that Pain Management doctors tend to respond with skepticism to Calmare. Could be because it hurts their business. My daughter had seven 45 minute treatments in January 2011 and has been pain free since and takes no meds. Do yourself a favor and look into Calmare before considering invasive procedures. Its not expensive compared to other options. Surgery can exacerbate CRPS. In my opinion its not a chance worth taking.

Good luck, Carol

P.S. I wouldn't be overly concerned about how closely you fit "the RSD diagnostic criteria"). Patients don't always exhibit all the symptoms at the same time.
Carolanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote