View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry that I have not been able to help with your questions the last month but just wanted to chime in on your last post.
I've had crps for over 4 years and it started when I was 24. I did not show all of the crps symptoms until the two year mark and so in my case it gradually became worse even with various medical treatments. I too wa extremely athletic before the crps. I would recommend that you still pursue the ketamine as it can possibly put your case into remission and it should bring you really great pain relief. I have found that oral medication management has provided me relief but has to be changed every few months because the medications only provide short-term relief. I think it's great that you are able to get out for walks again as that will definitly help in the long run... With medication managment I have been able to return to a couple of my favorite activities (winter skiing and wakeboarding) but it took a ton of physical therapy to get me to that point. I can do those activities on medication managment but it takes everything in me and I always flare up and can't walk for 24-48 hrs after participating in athletic activities.
In your case you were diagnosed relatively quickly so I would take that as a blessing and really utilize the time you have and go for the ketamine. Good luck and I hope you continue to get the relief you are looking for.
Sarah
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nigel ep3 05 (06-18-2011)