View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS - new person here

Hi I'm Megan and i'm new to this.

2.5 years ago i hit my head on a flat screen tv that was mounted on the wall. Don't know how it happened. Pretty much stood up off the ground in full force and hitting the corner of it on the back of my head.

Didnt do anything about for like 2 weeks b/c i didnt think anything of it. I started feeling dizzy and my eyes were like slow. Pretty much felt like a had a really good alcohol buzz.

I first got cat scan, which showed nothing wrong.

Then went to the doctor and got referred to a neurrologist and put me on some drugs but they made me so tired so i stopped taking them.

I went to a chiropractor and took xrays of my head and neck. Nothing was wrong. Nothing helped.

Then i went back to my doctor and got referred to therapy. I went to a physical therapist, speech therapist, and a psyciatrist 3 times a week for like 3 monthes.

By this time i was diagnosed with PCS and more symptoms accured. My mood changed, very tired, i got angery about the stupidest things, memory loss, personity changed, super dizzy, messed up eyes, confussion, child-like behavior, anxiety problems, reading problems, dull pain from the area i hit my head. Tons of things changed, i'm no the same person anymore.

I graduated from there and few monthes later i still wasnt doing good, so i went in to get a MRI, which showed nothing wrong.

I saw a new neurrologist and he did nothing for me. Told me nothing is wrong it will heal on its own.

Then i was on my own a for a while, but now i doing bad again. I went to the doctor the other day and got referred back to therapy, but they rejected me. I'm gonna go to a balance center soon. Hopefully that will help.

The things that i notice that make things worse are exercising, stress, and big changes in temperature.

I'm at the end of my rope. I've been suffering with this for so long now and no one can give me any help or suggestions, I felt like a pile of crap after talking to them. I could really use some support from others who get what i'm going thru. Seems like no one gets it.

As of today: i'm still super dizzy, eyes are still messed up, angery yet, very tired. And is it werid the part of my head is still sensitive to the touch where i hit it? Werid.
megan825 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote