View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
I have to take issue with the use of a medical marijuana recommendation/card w/o a qualifying medical condition. There is a reason that states pass medical marijuana laws, and that is so people (those with qualifying conditions) for whom other medical treatments/medications have proven inadequate or ineffective will have access to a medication that will provide relief from pain or other symptoms and provide a better quality of life.

It is this very abuse of the laws that jeopardizes the status of medical marijuana laws right now. Furthermore, a medical marijuana card, authorization, or whatever your state calls it, is really only operative as an affirmative legal defense if you are arrested for possession of marijuana by your state or local law enforcement. It does not offer any federal protection whatsoever.

I am deeply troubled that anyone would encourage this kind of abuse of the law. To me it is no different than faking pain to get a prescription for pain medication . . . it is fraud.
It upsets me to think any doctor would allow this. I know of doctors who lost their license for writing prescriptions for any medication where they should not. This is a misuse of power. I would not want such a dishonest doctor. I also want a doctor who would not be influenced by Big Pharma either. I demand this. This has nothing to do with being cool or fooling "the man", this is grown-up and part of reality.

I also think America is becoming a nation of over-prescribed drugs, yet not monitored. People think there's a pill for what-ever ails you. Anti-depessents are prescribed and handed out like candy. This is serious stuff. OK, getting off my soapbox now.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (06-13-2011)