View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
It upsets me to think any doctor would allow this. I know of doctors who lost their license for writing prescriptions for any medication where they should not. This is a misuse of power. I would not want such a dishonest doctor. I also want a doctor who would not be influenced by Big Pharma either. I demand this. This has nothing to do with being cool or fooling "the man", this is grown-up and part of reality.

I also think America is becoming a nation of over-prescribed drugs, yet not monitored. People think there's a pill for what-ever ails you. Anti-depessents are prescribed and handed out like candy. This is serious stuff. OK, getting off my soapbox now.
Yeah, they are know as 'pot-docs' informally and will prescribe to most people that claim a need. The other way to look at it - noone has ever died from marijuana and it does help many people with a variety of conditions.

Devil's advocate - you find you cant get to sleep at night and become worn out. You go to your regular doctor and he writes an rx for sleeping pills (may cause dizzyness, suicidal thoughts, liver damage, rapid heartbeat, dependacy, etc etc etc). Go to a pot doc, he rx's marijuana (may cause dry mouth, munchies, laughter.) Which doctor has put the patient at greatest risk? They both are trying to help their patient.

Next step - California almost passed a law to make it legal for everyone in 2010. A big donor came in and bankrolled a smear campaign and stopped the passage. Who was the donor? The alcohol industry. Now people still need an rx for the product. Who really decided that you can't go to the supermarket and buy mj to help them sleep? The alcohol industry that sells a product that kills people every minute of every day. Noone holds them responsible, yet the pot docs that are issuing rx's for the safest drug you can take (including aspirin) take the heat?
surfer00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (06-13-2011)