View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the replies so far, and huge thank you Kitty and Chemar for fixing my poll options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
[SIZE=3]The biggest change for me was taking an active roll in exercise, I was 24 years old when diagnosed but exercise was not part of my daily life...it wasn't even close to the top of my list. My neuro told me the best thing I could do is walk, I do that and more. I feel exercise, more than anything, has made a difference for me.
This is what I'm finding as well, and much like you, exercise wasn't anywhere on my radar, what so ever. I grew up hating sports (save for hockey - the Canadian in me!) and avoided gym classes whenever possible. At 20, walking 3 blocks was like walking a marathon. Unthinkable.

I had to 'work up' to walking gradually, but now I'm hooked and won't stop. I've recently changed my walking too. Now I walk before work in the AM (20 to 30 min). Helps to clear my mind, de-stress and wake up first thing. I can let my hair air dry as well. Great way to start my day!

Edit: "My lifestyle has changed. I take prescribed medications. I've not made lifestyle changes otherwise." <-- this was Laura at diagnosis, completely. It took about 5-6 months to consider the diet changes, 6-7 to quit smoking, and exercise was the last component I incorporated.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (06-14-2011), Kitty (06-13-2011), SallyC (06-13-2011)