View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default It's not the fact of receiving money from such sources that rankles me--

--and many others--it's been the hush-hush secrecy surrounding the fact that these are funding sources, almost as if there is some sort of string that needs to be hidden.

This secrecy has been on both the public and private levels; the info is not readily available to any member of the Neuropathy Association, and the Board of Directors and staff will not readily reveal it. You've got to go digging--and once that happens, it will always look as if there's something to hide.

I've got nothing against BEING funded by profit-making companies, if one is a non-profit--just something against not ADMITTING one is funded thusly. I have considerable non-profit experience myself, and one of the cornerstones of proper non-profit conduct (not always followed, of course), is that you freely cop to where your funding comes from--and where it goes. Anything else violates the non-profit trust, leads to the appearance of conflict of interest, and, in the end, probably erodes future fundraising ability anyway!
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote