View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi there from the UK

Hi,
I'm Steve and I live in the UK with my Partner and daughter. I feel slightly unsure as to whether I should be posting in the part of the forum, as I have yet to actually have a diagnosis. I understand that there are 100's of other DX that my symptoms may be from , but I just feel like I am showing the signs of MS. In 1994 I had was whilst serving in the army, I was diagnosed by MOD doctors as DDD and lumbar spondylosis. Over the years I've had epidurals and for the last 10 years i have had facet injections in L5 S1 every three months (just to take the edge off) I'm currently on lidnocaine plaster for the surface pain in my legs. Anyhow back to the proper stuff. A few years ago I started having more and more burning pain, blurred double vision, shaking and tremors over my whole body but worse from my ribs down, weakness of limbs and in the end was sent to A&E with supsected caudia equina. After numerous tests, MRI/CT EMG and nerve conduction tests nothing was found.
Since then I have had the constant burning pain, tremors, shaking, imbalance, twitching, the tightness of ribs and abdomen, short term memory has gone, no co-ordination, some feacal incontinence. However the last couple few months things have gotten worse, all the symptoms appear to be with me with full vengance and here to stay.
I still manage to work (in IT) but it is certainly having an impact.
The reason I've not had a diagnosis yet is possibly due to me moving to another part of the UK and now I have to start the whole painful process all over, to top it off my first appointment to see a neurosurgeon was cancelled at the last minute. At least I have started seeing a GP that is getting things moving. I had a series of blood tests and had a scan on my liver a couple of weeks ago. The GP has even toyed with the idea these symptoms could be related to my active service in the first Gulf War. I had googled this link and found that there's quite a bit of an increased link between the two.
Sorry for the long winded description, I'm just looking at all possiblities and was asking for your thoughts as to what I may have.
Many thanks

Steve
"Thanks for this!" says:
DaytonOH (01-10-2014), Kitty (06-21-2011), SallyC (06-14-2011)