View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella7 View Post
It has taken me forever to get back to posting as I found out I also have myasthenia gravis. The neuro ordered blood work while I was in the hospital for the IVSM and the test for MG came back really high with 0-17 being in the normal range for the antibodies test and mine was 77.

So I am getting the IVIG and the insurance coverage will cover the cost! IVIG is officially the treatment for MG. Isn't this a wonderful outcome for treating both the MS and the MG. I can't believe the cost for the IVIG is $10,000 a vial and I will be having it for 5 days straight.

I actually started it today along with some solu-medrol and benydryl in the mix. Maybe I will start to feel like a human being again soon. It makes the next five days as an outpatient staying at the Infusion Center all day a treat. My husband is driving me as my legs are so weak I don't trust myself to drive at the moment.

Gabriella
I am very sorry to hear of the MG. But at least the insurance will cover that vial! That is rare, yet amazing! solu-medrol makes me crazy, but it does get me back on my feet pretty quick like. It just destroys my appearance and emotions, lol.

Hang in there dear! and thanks for the update!
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-14-2011)