View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Healing fluctuations?

Hi to all and many thanks for all the fine work done on this site.

I have chemo induced peripheral neuropathy which started with my first treatment in March 2008. My arms/hands and legs/feet are affected with burning, muscle weakness, tiny "explosions" of pain occasionally, sometimes flu-like aches, stiffness and general fatigue. I have been taking oxycodone (5 mg) anywhere from 3-6 caps daily for the pain. It is a bit helpful, but not a as much as I'd like. I do yoga several times a week, which helps a bit also and have been trying to walk a little more. I find when I try to introduce any additional exercise or increase what I do that the symptoms tend to flare up. So if I want to add anything, I begin in tiny increments - almost having to sneak it past my body.

Found your forum this spring and began to use the suggested supplements about April 9th 2011. I started with:
B12 (5000 mcg)
B100 Complex
D3 (2500 iu)
Alpha Lipoic Acid (500 mg)
Fish oil (4 caps)
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (1000 mg divided)
Multi vitamin
Calcium/magnesium liquid blend (1200/600)

By early May I was feeling so incredibly well, it was AMAZING! My energy level shot up along with increased stamina and terrific general well-being. I was back to work in my art studio and just couldn't do enough. It was almost euphoria. The symptoms had not disappeared, but were easier to tolerate and I had improved sleep. This lasted a few weeks and then... I began to backslide.

I added some new supplements:
B6 (500 mg)
C1000 complex (2 daily)
Probiotic
CoQ10

Improvements leveled off a bit and have been continuing to go down rather than get better. This strikes me as a bit odd.

Is this a normal reaction? Can I expect to have a roller-coaster ride? I understand that healing is not linear, but is this a bit dramatic? I am curious as to other people's experiences with the guideline supplementation. Today I am so low contending with the pain and exhaustion once again. I just need some sleep as well. What is happening?

Any comments?

Artgirl
Artgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote