View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixified View Post
The one thing all 3 agreed on was that the symptoms, not the test results, should be the motivating factor in any decisions about surgery.
Pixified,

What are your symptoms exactly? I'm guessing that your symptoms must be reaching a point where things are becoming difficult if you are electing to have the surgery later this summer.

For me, the average day has my symptoms at a reasonable level. I'd say the average pain level is between 1 and 3. That said, I'll have a flare up to 5 here and there. To me the bigger question is not what my symptoms are now, but what will they be in 3, 6, 9, 12 months? Am I putting off the inevitable? And in the meantime, will things just deteriorate while I deal with this annoying way of life? Even emotionally, it will be difficult having this thing hanging over my head.

And as for PT, well, I didn't think this was even an option for ATOS. Maybe for NTOS. I've done a lot of PT over the last 18 months. Unless somebody tells me there is a high degree of potential for success, I'm loathe to waste any more time.

It's going to be very interesting to hear what Dr Donaghue has to say. I really hope there isn't a grey area here. Hoping it's black or white...you either need this surgery relatively soon, or you don't...for a long while.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote