View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexUK View Post
Hi KY

I think good general fitness definitely makes a big difference to recovering, guess it means you have more reserves... I'm now 10 months post op and have been back to my normal fitness routine for a good number of months (including gym, judo, etc). I have numbness on that side of my chest and on my shoulder which I think is permanent, but it hasn't made any difference to my general fitness or ability to do anything.

Out of interest, I posted some photos of my scar on this site (paste "thread148013.html")

Like I mentioned on that thread - it actually is a bit wider and whiter now, but almost completely flat

Bex

PS I'm not sure why you couldn't PM - I've added you as a friend so hopefully you'll be able to now.
Someone with a good result from the surgery.. Im very glad to hear it.

I think you are very right though general fitness and prior health and age would have alot to do with how well you recover. Also the severity of the complications awswell.

I thinking people with more mild symptoms will have a much better result. So that is making me feel alot more positive about my situation. I also spend alot of time being active and working out and i really dont want to give that up.
hellothere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote