View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
What's a mud-pie, me thinks it might one of those sloppy mucky things my brother and I used ta make in the fields with grass, tops from nice flowers like the rose trees, marigolds etc then lots more grass with pure mud.... then feed it to the cows? Am i right? Is this what a mud pie is.
Ours was slop though, especially after a downpour and it was always mixed in a bucket and fed to the cows?

Why it had to feed the cows i've no idea, i guess it was because there were cows in the field next to us.

Thanks for telling the story, it's lovely to hear the antics of an early no-school morning with small children in the house and who have no idea of time..... I think i'd like to go back there for a little while but knowing what I know now.

Sinéad
Yes indeed that is a mud pie, however at this home they MUST be baked in the sun until they are deemed "cooked". Only the youngest baker may determine when this has occured. If my younger days my parents had a LARGE number of chickens, if things worked out for us we got to have the eggs which had "leather" shells, we even "cooked" a few of these on the sidewalk for a change in the menu. Never had cows close enough to feed these gourmet delights to but the neighbor kids did have a pet racoon who would slick up our eggs in nothing flat, sometimes even before they were done (he was a very rude coon). Yes those times were good but am not sure I would return to them....
z
psalms 91:11
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-14-2011), ron h (06-15-2011), Rrae (06-25-2011), Sophie_ (06-15-2011)