View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I don't know if all insurances are offered in all states but I am on Anthem Advantage. Most of my medical needs are for my medicine. The monthly premium is $14 and I pay my co-pays for my meds. With my Avonex it doesn't take me long at all to get in the catastrophic period of the progam. I am in it by the end of March. My Mom took the same program because she saw that very low premium and just knew it was for her. But it was the worst thing for her. She never got into the gap, most of her costs were doctor visits and diagnostic tests and procedures such as spinal blocks. Our local insurance agent helped us. Plus one of the billing offices that did one of her blockes just told her that she was on completely the wrong insurance. She just needed to be on Medicare A & B! So she went with that and luckily we also went for a supplement. Mutual of Omaha has one that just ask if you have end stage renal disease. That's the only health question they ask. She didn't like the premium but it took care of ALL of her nursing home costs after the traditional month that Medicare gives. It sure saved her bank account. She would have been in so much pain being cared for at her retirment apartment at the end.

Every one and every case is different.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-15-2011)