View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo2 View Post
Hi, If you are not under the are of a board certified Epileptologist at a Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, getting to one soon is the best advice I can give and where your care should be directed. You may know this, but it is true. I am not sure why you are taking neurontin for partial seizures. IT didn;t do a thing for me. There are newer and more effective meds as well as other treatments that have a better chance of stopping your seizjust a general neurologist. Has more training and education in epilepsy) that can offer you that. Please get your PCP to do the referral to a Comprehensve Eilepsy Center. It was the best decision I have made. I have not lost consciousness in 12 years! Tattoo
I'm taking Neurontin for nerve pain and I was having TC earlier in the piece. I had the dosage reduced from 1200mg a day to 400mg a day and Tegretol reduced from 1200 a day to 800 a day. this hasn't affected how the myoclonus has been. I know I'm photosensitive epileptic and bright white sets me off.

I'll talk to the doc on Saturday about new meds anyway. I have bilateral myoclonus but I had it for 2 years before I took the Neurontin.

I am happy to get off it though especially if it doesn't help...

Thanks everyone for your advice and support I appreciate it )O(

RhiannonsMoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote