View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

My best guess is you have a symptoms from a combination of all of your stressors. You have a serious case of Multiple Concussion Syndrome. You likely are depressed, in part from all of the emotional stress added to the predisposition to depression that comes with Multiple Impact syndrome.

Your experiences where you feel like you are just waking up and don't know where you are or what you were doing sounds like absence seizures. In absence seizures, your brain 'checks out' for a moment, maybe just a second or two or even a minute or more. You have given your brain a very seriously rough ride over the past few years. You are lucky to be standing upright.

I am hesitant to suggest anything to you because you have not considered any of the past advice and in so doing, have put your whole future in jeopardy.

You need to have a serious sit down conversation with yourself and anybody who cares for you. Your parents need to become fully informed about the risks of further concussions. They also need to understand how your current problems with behavior are directly related to your head injuries. Emotional outbursts are the symptom that can cause direct damage to others. Most of the other symptoms just impact you.

If I were your parents, I would be contacting an attorney and inquiring into the advise you have received from your coaches. Allowing you to return to play has irreparably changed the rest of your life. You may think you are surviving now, but as you age, these current symptoms will become magnified many fold.

You mentioned meds. What meds are you taking? Some meds can contribute to you current myriad of symptoms.

btw, I bet your boyfriend broke up with you as a result of your personality changes that resulted from your concussions. I had friends leave me for the same reason. I never understood why I lost most of my friends during a short time span. Now, as I look back at the timeline of my injuries, I understand. As my mother told my wife, I was no longer her sweet son.

Your boyfriend probably does not understand what happened between the two of you. He is just as confused.

Please, take this as your last wake-up call. Make some better choices. Your life is worth far more than a soccer game or basketball game.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote