View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking New to Board, Not new to Fibro/CFS

Hi!
I've been reading the boards for a while now and want to introduce myself. I am 28 years old, married and a mom to a wonderful 3 year old. I was officially diagnosed with Fibro in Sept 2010, but have had symptoms as far back as 1993 and have been on Fibro meds since Sept 2009. The same doctor that gave me my official Fibro diagnosis also noted that I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Sept 2010. The only time that I can remember not being in pain in the last ten years was when I was pregnant with my son and for the first few months after his birth.
The last year has been very difficult and a very long journey. After my son's 2nd birthday, my health took a drastic nosedive. I had so many new symptoms that it prompted doctors to take a 2nd look at everything. I have extreme fatigue, widespread muscle pain, what feels like swelling in my hands, arms, feet and legs without any visible swelling, eye pain, dry eyes, muscle twitches and spasms, daily headaches, SI joint pain, Lumbar lordosis, both patellas maltracking, non-cardiac chest pain, tachycardia, planter faciitis, facet joint dysfunctions, brain fog, shortness of breath, swallowing difficulties, hip and leg pain, and can only walk short distances due to leg muscles tightening and not allowing me to walk farther causing me to walk with a cane for support. I've had so many tests done that came back normal. So, everything has been associated with my Fibro and CFS.

My official diagnosis are: Fibro, CFS, Thoracic Compression Fractures T2-T9 producing kyphosis with multilevel spondylosis and thoracolumbar S-shaped scoliosis, Patellofemoral Syndrome of the Right and left knee, Temporary lobe seizures with Secondary generalization, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, High Cholesterol, Osteoporosis, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B-12 Deficiency, IBS, Gastroparesis, Gastritis, and Tachycardia.

I'm currently in Physical Therapy to try and retrain my body. I still have a hard time believe that most of my disability comes from Fibro and CFS. At times it is so bad that I think that there has to be something more going on, but so far everything leads right back to the Fibro and CFS. Thanks for taking the time to read this! I'm looking forward to getting to know others with similar health obstacles
PugMomma (Rachel)
PugMomma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-17-2011), ron h (06-20-2011)