View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 07:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixified View Post
My hands are swollen and go numb/pins and needles with certain activities. I get a lot of heaviness in my arms, especially if I try to do anything above 90 degrees or carry anything over 5 pounds. I get a lot of pain in my collar bone region, along the outside of my arms, and around my pecs. i also have a network of visible veins in my chest/shoulder area. It's the problem carrying things and inability to do much of anything with arms raised (including putting dishes away, doing laundry with a stackable machine) that makes me want the surgery.
Pixified,

That's understandable. If I can't do normal everyday things...put dishes away, get the trash together, and most importantly, pick up my daughter...that's it.

I don't have any of these symptoms/problems...yet...but it looks like I do have ATOS. If I wanted to, I could probably press a 50lb dumbell over my head without issue. I don't have any heaviness in my arms or fatigue in any way. No swollen hands, no vein prominence, no coldness and such. My main symptoms are: burning / pinching pain on the scap and in the armpit area, odd elbow pain, and pinky/finger numbness (especially when I wake up in the middle of the night).

I guess the question I have is, "Is it just a matter of time before I get to this more symptomatic point?"

If I'm reading my reports right, I'd think that the evidence of a high grade stenosis in my right subclavian artery has me on the same track as you eventually.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote