View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I do have some good thing to say, I have completely quit all sports even non-contact ones. I have been doing a little coaching but have still been taking it easy.

Mark in Idaho I have finally matured and saw the big picture. I told my parents about everything that was going on and have accepted that I am done with sports. I think the reason I haven't told my friends about my problems is that I know my other friend with his disease has much more serious problems to deal with and don't want to cause him or anyone else more stress than our group of friends already has. His adrenal glands have essentially shut down so anything that is related to stress causes him to practically collapse. I'm sort of stuck on this one otherwise I would have already told them about everything.

I am also hesitant to tell my parents because I don't want to have to stop taking summer school because if I don't pass the classes I pretty much won't be able to go to college. Also I don't want to have to go back to the doctor because of the money involved. I know this sounds like a stupid reason but we are very very tight on money, at least until we move, and my mom is so stressed out with all this going on that I am afraid if I tell her this now it would cause her to just fall apart. I don't want to hide this from anyone but under the circumstances I can't think of a better option which is why I started posting here again.

Any good advice about how to tell my friends and family this without causing a huge amount of stress because I feel they need to know but right now doesn't seem like the ideal time?

-Soccer14
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote