View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mike - I did read that post. thank you!

Daniella - I am switching pain dr's because I just have a gut feeling that my current dr. doesn't know the most current stuff about RSD. He is kind, etc and would be great if it was just a back problem. ykwim? He is wanting to do radio frequency ablation..which I have been told by many to NOT do (people here have said to RUN from a dr who wants to do that). Anyway, I just got a call from his office...I was told that he said he doesn't think I need anything different for the surgery and just go ahead with it. No block, etc. I am worried about that.

So, after meeting with the surgeon, she said I need it removed. But, I am heading for Seattle for 5-6 weeks. We are staying with my parents. So, I am seriously considering trying to do the surgery there so my mom can help with my kids (6 of them..just like my name here). Less stress for me.

The reason I went to the dr. in Utah was because he offers Ketamine and is willing to think outside the box. I was impressed by him. He went through ALL my records before seeing me (I had brought them with me). He then spent over an hour with me discussing everything, his treatment plan, and why this is what he suggested. I feel good about what he thinks.

Thanks everyone. I will probably hear back from the dr in Utah tomorrow since today is his procedure day.

Janel
6kiddos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote