Thread: Mayo said 'no'
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepman48 View Post
I too got a NO letter from the mayo clinic, Even after my Nero doc referred me, said, "We regret to inform you that we cannot offer you an appointment and your request did not meet our criteria for an appointment and requests for appointments are based on medical need and prioritized that way." I guess they can pick and choose their patients. But the one thing I have also learned is Never, no matter what, Never miss an appointment, because their are so many patients out there that have Movement and balance disorders that getting another is going to be a lot longer than you want it to be.
I took my son Kelly to the Mayo in MN after they accepted us for referral....he has severe pain and spastic muscles after having an ESI in the lumbar L4-L5 two years ago....they could do nothing for him.....after three weeks and a ton of money ..they said...." hey you have pain .....learn to live with it...and we have never seen anything like this before."
We have seen over 40 doctors here in CO and this includes the 16 doctors at mayo and no one has any answers for us.
He is not totally disabled by this pain and the "movement disorder" as the docs cll it...and I tried to get him to see a movement disorder doctor her in CO and he said he would not see him because he could not treat him for this as it is not a "true" movement disorder.
I am heartbroken to watch what this is doing to my son.
Kellysmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote