View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

Just to provide an update, I am 4 weeks post op and so far no seizures and no menopause symptoms. I had one episode of night sweats the week after the surgery and that was it. I don't know whether this is the way it will be, or if I can still anticipate something. I wonder if my ovaries never really worked correctly. I had an endometrial biopsy in my early 20's that showed I did not ovulate. The biopsy was done because I stopped menstruating after coming off Tegretol, which I had been on for about 8 years. Then when my menstruation started again, it didn't stop and I became severely anemic and was put in the hospital. I wonder if all the seizure drugs since I am 5 and the epilepsy on its own caused me to be infertile. I had had my hormones checked periodically over the years and they were normal, but I have read that the best check is through a saliva test, which I never had. Who knows! I am also overweight, so maybe there is still enough estrogen in my fat cells to keep me from getting hot flashes yet. That is all! Hope everyone is doing well.
ceba is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote