View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Hi Sweet friends

I am so sorry for my absence. I feel so selfish for not participating more, and I promise to be back again sometime soon. The "explant" is taking place tomorrow, and I cannot tell you just how thrilled I am to have this device out. I am truly sad about losing it - there was great potential! There were times when the unit did its job well.
But the line is still too short, will always be too short, and they say that they don't have a longer one. The NS swears that he put a loop of a couple of inches in there, but just the second day after the second revision surgery, There was zero slack. Zero. So he told me to just keep stretching and stretching and stretching. And I did. So now there is a tear in the insulation at my collarbone and I keep getting zapped with electricity. This is such a comedy of errors that I must be doomed. But at least we found this all out with a PNS, and not with Deep Brain Stimulation or Motor Cortex Stimulation. Just think about how bummed I would have been then!
I know that I am just trying to make light of this all...it has been a very hard journey and I will be so glad to get away from the neurosurgery department - for a very, very long time.
Thanks, in the meantime, for the hugs and support , and I promise to be back soon to pay it forward.
Lily
Mylastnerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-16-2011), Mark56 (06-25-2011)