View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile AND Write Those Questions Down!

Take a written list in to grill your doc on the process, the products, the recovery, the dos and don'ts, the risks, the ratios of success and exactly HOW one designs the word success, the limitations post surgery and post recovery. Ask to speak with actual patients with success and failure stories [I realize that can happen here, but talking to someone in person is good as well----- I DID]. Take nothing for granted. Ask the surgeon you interview regarding their training for the procedure, the manner of your involvement [I actually programmed my unit myself], their accreditation, and their foundation for agreeing you are an appropriate candidate to have such procedures [remember, it is a two step process, trial surgery, followed by permanent implant surgery].

Think, pray, seek counsel, then the decision ultimately comes down to you. For me, I was sold after having had the benefit of a one week long trial. My product has lasted now for a year and runs 24/7. I am conditioned into a proper and effective transdermal recharging regimen. I have been able to wean off of all, and I do mean ALL pain management meds. The battery has not failed on me yet, although I understand NO human created device lasts forever [not even the fairly long life of a decomissioned nuclear reactor]. Some have had regrets..... I have not. I have traded 24/7 agony which was driving me insane for an ability to live with the limitations presented by being a post-op implant survivor. Oh, and I am back to riding my mountain bike! Will I ever do those downhill ski runs I used to take with my family, probably not, but then there are some tradeoffs.

Thinking positive,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nothing_clever (06-15-2011), ron h (06-16-2011), Rrae (06-25-2011)