View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Catra121,
Hi and I am sorry you are having all this gall bladder problems. Unfortunately in my family, just about everyone has had theirs out (I am the exception). Seems like bad gall bladders run in my family. I don't understand how the doctor could tell you to have it out when the results were normal and tells you you have a mass on your liver? How can you have any surgery when you don't know what is causing the problem in the first place. OK if you have gall stones then fine BUT what about lasers to destroy the stones? It is much less invasive. I agree with Mike that surgery should be your last resort. Another idea I had is maybe the Nexium is causing all your side effects?? Read the brochure it comes with or go online to look at them. Have you ever tried to get off of it or try another brand. My neuro doc told me Nexium and acid reducers do just that..they reduce your acid but unfortunately they kill off the good acid we need in our bodies. You may have to change your diet for sure and I know some people get GERD (Gastro Esophagal Reflux Disease sp?) where they get indigestion, burning, etc. Look in to that too.

I think burning pain, skin redness, and sensitivity sounds like rsd rearing its ugly head to me. Definately see a good gastro doc to help you diagnose what is causing you all the problems. Even some type of scoping would be better than surgery. I don't think you should be your own best advocate when concerning your health. You need to do what is best for YOU not what is more convenient for the doctor.

Lastly, I could think of maybe you seeing a really good gentle chiropractor who may be able to do a few adjustments and maybe some work in your belly area. I love my chiro and would see her first before going to any other type of doctor. She is amazing. Best of luck to you and let us know how you make out.
Take care,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (06-16-2011)