View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Anticipating a newbie

My daughter will be moving in November, and cats are not allowed!
She will have had Cooper for two years by then, and they're very close. So we are going to be foster parents, with her stern reminder that she is not GIVING us the cat, just LOANING him to us.

Should be interesting. We have two 9-year-old females (Himmies). We've never had a male cat, and Coop has not lived with other cats (though he lives with and loves a little dog).

Our cats have the run of the house during the day, but at night they go into "their" bedroom and we shut the door. We started that when they were little and we had an old cat, and it's worked fine. We're not going to try shutting Cooper in with them, of course, at least not until and if they get along.

Our girls don't jump on the table or the kitchen counter, they ignore the finch, and pretty much behave like middle-aged cats. Cooper's kind of still a teenager.

I'm not sure which is going to be trickier, introducing the cats or getting us used to "new tricks" again! (Well, the trickiest will be prying my sobbing daughter's fingers off her cat when she has to leave him)

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-16-2011)