View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Am I right to be annoyed by this?

I've been going to the gym to walk on the treadmills in the hopes of getting my strength and endurance up so I can get rid of my cane. In just the last two weeks, I've noticed something. The people who ride their motorcycles to the gym have a weird habit of parking in the handicap spots. (well, in the hash marks where you'd have wheelchair access)

I dont see anything on the motorcycles saying that they're eligible to park in the handicap spots. No tags, placards...nothing. I'm sure there are a few motorcycle riders out there that might be able to park in the handicapped spots, but I would bet they have the correct parking permits for that and they're displayed correctly. I've looked at these bikes. There's nothing on them indicating that they've got a placard.

Been using my ipod touch to take pictures of the bikes. I just tweeted a picture of today's offender to the gym's twitter account. There's plenty of parking down there. I just dont understand why these motorcycle riders seem to think that the hash lines of the handicap spots are for motorcycle parking. Since I park in the handicap spots (I have the handy dandy placard) It's a bit irritating to get there and find motorcycles parked in all the wheelchair access areas of the parking spots, and not parked very well. (badly enough that I cant squeeze my minivan into the spot without knocking over their bike or scratching my van)

Am I right to be annoyed? I think I'm going to email the people that enforce the handicap parking, and give them a heads up that they could ticket a few of these people.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-16-2011), SallyC (06-16-2011)