View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

About 5 weeks into my recovery I told my doctor I was feeling great but I was having headaches in the evening that radiated from the middle of the back of my head around my ears. If I relaxed I could get the headaches to go away. It also felt like the muscles going up the back of my neck to the middle of the back of my head just wouldn't stop tensing. He said, "sounds like tension headaches" and shrugged his shoulders dismissively.

So I went to get a neck massage, hoping to release the muscles. She was gentle but I felt a little 'off' after the massage. But my neck was really loose and the muscles weren't stuck flexing any more.

Unfortunately, the next morning I was as dizzy as I had been after two weeks. It felt like I was back to square one.

I've recently learned that I have a neck injury which is what caused the dizziness, vertigo, headaches and migraines. I believe massage will be part of my therapy, but I probably did it too soon and for too long -- I scheduled an hour because I figured more is better. (My massage therapist only did 30 minutes on the neck and felt even that was a little too much -- the rest of the time was lower back).

You probably have a neck injury. Be careful and take it slow. A good physical therapist should be able to help.

Best of luck!
chitowndizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote