Thread: dystonia?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 01:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My demon dystonia

Hello Harley It has been a very long time since I have posted on this site. You may remember me from posts back in 2004 - 2006. I have been plagued with dystonia since dxs of PD and it has caused me much grief. It affects my left side from my foot all the way up to my neck. Not always all of my left side, sometimes just my leg and other times just my arm. It does seem to have a mind of its own. With it I have tremor but that is the only time I have tremor. Fluctuations usually bring it on as well as being undermedicated. Levadopa seems to be the only thing that helps once it finds its balance. I take my meds every 1 -2 hrs to keep a steady flow. When I am in a desperate state after a prolonged period of dystonia I take Lorazepam with the levodopa and it seems to give me some relief. I am presently in the screening program for DBS surgery. There have been good results with releiving dystonia with this procedure. I have reached the point where it is an option I am willing to try. All the best, I have followed your posts for years and I know you have had a rough ride.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote