View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is the best idea I have ever been given on this site. I think a journal will be an amazing way to get things out of my head rather than continuing to think about them or trying some other way to get rid of the thoughts.

Sometimes when I get overwhelmed I turn to exercise but I go for a run to help get rid of the thoughts. as you know the impact of running has devastating effects and is only a short term fix because I can't run away from the problems forever. It also causes my symptoms to come back horribly so I try not to do that.

I used to also drive around as a release but because of the possible absence seizures I am having I try to avoid driving at all costs (it saves me money on gas then too ).

What I have been doing lately is just putting on relaxing music to try and calm down but then the thoughts are still just spinning around in my head whcich ultimately just causes more pain. With a journal I can now listen to music and write down how I am feeling as a release. It will not only help me but probably everyone I am close to because it will keep me from having a hurtful outburst.

Mark thank you so much for this idea I think it will really help in the long run. If you have any other good ideas like this let me know because I don't want these problems to stick around forever.

-soccer14
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-18-2011)