View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sydney,

Thank you so much for your PM. I got it and will talk to Dr. Bonlie in the next week.

In terms of the Lyrica. I started it in august of 2006 and stayed on until end of December.

I saw result right away in terms of the pain and the muscles calming down. I was at the following dosages.

50mg at bed time and 50 twice a day throughout the day. The doc told me to titrate up slowly over several week and to make sure that I was on the Lyrica for atleast 3 months to give it time to work at calming the nerves.

But I did feel results right away in terms of less pain, being able to sleep and my range of motion as the nerves calmed down and the muscle spasms decreased.

I am now off the lyrica after 5 months and 30 lbs. I wish i was still taking it but the weight gain and the other potential health risks outweighed the pain gain. I miss it though and those nerves are again inflammed and acting up.

I have to say however that I have never heard of taking such a high dosgae of Lyrica. I would be worried about your glucose levels and your liver. The drug is still so new and they impact still to be seen long term. I thought I had read that the highest dosage for Lyrica was 300mg in a day. But I could be wrong.

Be careful and best of luck.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote