View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello, there are lots of posts on people's various methods of trying to sleep with PCS. It is the holy grail for us!

Everyone seems to be different in what works for them. Are you on any meds at all right now? They typically start you out on Elavil (amitryptaline) and that helps many. You should work with your Dr to start finding the best thing for you. Some can't sleep due to anxiety, others pain, etc. so may warrant different treatments. For me, my brain just has trouble crossing into sleep so nothing works for very long without some other undesired effect, like feeling drugged for days after taking some meds and others simply not working at all.

Good sleep hygeine helps: going to bed at the same time, winding down with no tv or stimulation about an hour or so before bed. maybe take a hot shower to relax your body before bed. Not having caffeine at all. I just started wearing a sleep mask to help block out the light too.

Perhaps other people will their experiences or you can do a search for sleep and many old posts will come up.

Good Luck, there are many up with you!
eponagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (06-19-2011)