View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan feels just fine!!!1

I spoke to him at 7:45 p.m. tonight. He sounded fine. I know if he gets any pains or anything, he'll press the buzzer.

You should have seen him this afternoon. He asked me "where's my hefferin shot??" I laughed and said HEPARIN, HEPARIN.

He buzzed the nurse and some voice behind him booms out of a speaker, "can I help you"? and Alan belts out. "I need a Heparin shot".

I said "you just don't go demanding a heparin shot, if they want to give you one, they'll give it to you. It seems that the nurse was running late with the 2 p.m. meds and she then came around and gave him his shot (in his stomach).

So as of this evening he seems to be tolerating this thing okay!!!!

Oh I have to tell you something funny. When the nurse came at 4 and got the ivig thing going, another lady comes over and introduces herself to us as someone from social services. She says "I have to ask you some questions" and she proceeds to ask him if I was his wife, where he lives, how old is he, can he take a shower by himself, can he go upstairs?, etc. etc.
Alan blurts out "I LIFT WEIGHTS, I'M STRONG AS AN OX". The look on her face was priceless. There he was, in a hospital gown attached to his ivig thing and he's explaining he is STRONG AS AN OX!!! She gave me a look as if she was thinking "is this guy senile???". I simply said "Alan, she is checking to see if you can go home by yourself and do you need any help?" He said "of course I don't need help, I have my wife".

She left.

lol
mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote