View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have posted this before but for your needs, I will post it again.

If your are sensitive to noise and bright lights, that is only a small part of your sensory system. Your tactile, smell, temperature, etc. also are sensitive to stimulus.

Resolve all of your tactile sensations with soothing fabrics, textures, and such. Try to find a position to lay or recline in that feels like you are floating. This means your body does not sense the support of the bed nor the feel of your sheets, pajamas, clothes, blankets, etc.

Then add some soothing or even boring sounds. Music with lyrics can be great but it will need to be lyrics that you know so that your brain does not actively listen to the words. The brain has a natural rhythm that you can find through experimentation that causes the relaxed state.

Early on, my music had a narrower range of style and tempo. As I got better, I could relax to a wider variety of music. Now, I can listen to the drums of Celtic Woman and get soothed to sleep.

When you find the right sensations, the sleep is truly restorative. You wake up alert and ready to function normally.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote