View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you both fro the responses. Sorry for the delayed response but I never got email notifications of your replies.

Anyways, to the topic at hand. I suspect my health care provider has stayed away from a MRI due to my financial situation which is very grim to say the least.

I agree, not much can be told from an X-Ray. I sustained a knee injury while playing high school football. Doctor after doctor did an X-Ray, until my third doctor. He was quite a bit older then the rest, and knew and MRI had to be done. I feel the other doctors did to but due to my age they stayed away from it because I was so young, and they did not want to operate on a high school freshman. It took the entire school year suffering through the pain to find my third doc who did the MRI and realized there was substantial damage done to the cartilage. He told me the arthroscopic surgery would last 30 min max. It lasted 45 minuets.

As for the tingling, it seems to have gotten much worse as of recent. It is now very significant in both arms where as before it was a slight sensation. I notice it when I lock my finger behind my head, and lean back in my computer chair. It is sort of like the feeling of a limb falling asleep, but the tingling isnt quite as pronounced. There is also both a combination of sharp pain in the base of the neck, but also a dull lingering pain if my neck sit in one position for an extended period of time. It is also in the base of the neck. I would say it is about even with the shoulders. It seems to run through my arms all the way down in to all my fingers, but seems a bit less pronounced moving from the pointer to the pinky finger, and I do not seem to notice in them thumbs.
TrailBlazer4x4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote