View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Beware anything in the media, especially in regards diet and health!
Do your own research.
Why are the advisory bodies ignoring tests that contradict their published views?
One doctor said it's because of: pride, profit or prejudice.
It's interesting to observe that since the demonising of animal fats, eggs and dairy, and the promotion of margarine, vegetable oils, grains and a low fat diet, that obesity and diabetes levels have sky rocketed.
Coincidence?
Western diets have been shown repeatedly to create health problems when there were none before, especially heart disease-there are numerous studies in people with high animal fat and little carbohydrate in their diets, who were very healthy but became ill as their diet changed. Main problems were obesity and heart disease.

So much media 'advice' comes from the wrong people, or subsidised by them. These lobbies are just too powerful to ignore or deal with, so they hold sway.
I'm currently reading Eat Fat, Lose fat, by Dr. Mary Enig.
Absolutely eye opening. This is a carefully researched book and I'd advise anyone interested in their health to read it, and find out what lies and deceptions have been, and still are, fed to us.
It goes through it all calmly and steadily and unravels the whole sorry mess.

On page 25, on the benefits of cholesterol (yes, it's essential) it says that low-cholesterol vegetarian diets can lead to leaky gut syndrome and other intestinal disorders. Cholesterol plays an important role in maintaining the health of the intestinal wall.
You should find this book in your library. It's a must read.

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-19-2011)