View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi,
The time change on Saturday night is supposed to effect some of our equipment -- like computer clocks,....

If you have a very new computer, you can download a patch. Otherwise, I guess you change the clock yourself.
lol

I don't like skipping an hour of "sleep" and having the time all messed up. I already stay up too late. When we change the clocks I will be staying up waaaay too late.

M

http://people.howstuffworks.com/dst-bug.htm
Quote:
Why would daylight-saving time mess up my computer?
by Julia Layton

Computer users and IT administrators in the United States and Canada are bracing for a mess. Some say it's a mini Y2K bug that's going to throw networked applications into a tizzy and make "Lost" fans cry when they realize their DVR missed the show. ........

Others say it's a simple fix for networks as long as companies are prepared, and there's nothing to panic about. Much like the Y2K bug that was supposed to crash the world, this bug also has to do with time.

Still, most new software is covered. Patches for older equipment will be harder to come by.

If your PC runs an operating system that's pre-Service Pack 2 (pretty much everything older than XP), your service agreement has run out. You can still get a patch, but you'll have to pay for it.

Older Windows-based servers and mobile devices are in the same boat, and Mac patches only go back to Mac OS X Panther.

If you have a VCR with a clock that updates itself automatically for daylight-saving time, you should probably just plan on viewing the wrong time for a while.