View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Smile Hobbies . . .What are yours?

I was thinking this morning about how hobbies are so good for us and important. They are a great way to relax and just get lost in our interest(s). So, I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's hobbies are.

Mine -

I love to read, when my brain allows it. When I'm a little slow with my comprehension or my focus/concentration is giving me trouble, I will read magazines online (usually decorating/design magazines like BHG). I like all sorts of books. I just went through my historical fiction phase and am back to mysteries. I going to start reading a book titled "Chasing The Night" bu Iris Johansen. I'm only on page 1. I had to put it down due to company coming yesterday.

I also paint and do artwork. I find that I can get lost in painting and it relaxes me so much. I also like doing detailed designs as I can get lost in those and believe it or not, when I focus so much I forget about the pain for a while - until it screams at me to change positions IMMEDIATELY!

I'm starting to learn about paper crafts. Not scrapbooking but designing and creating things with just paper. On the BHG site they have something called paper piecing where you cut designed paper and make things such as flowers with it. Pretty cool and a great indoor summer activity.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-19-2011), Kitty (06-19-2011)