View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 01:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Mad Tramadol and Seizures???

I have been taking the pain reliever Tramadol for almost a year now. Earlier this year, I was taking alot, everyday. One day, I took more than normal and knew I had taken too much. While at work, I had a seizure and went to the emergency room. The hospital did a CAT scan and everything was normal. It was chalked up to dehydration. I started weaning myself off the Tramadol and was taking 3 pills, twice a day. Recently, I was given Seroquel to help me sleep at night. About a week after taking the Seroquel, I took an extra dose of Tramadol to close together, and I had another seizure. After doing research, I discovered that a side effect of Tramadol is seizures and that taking Seroquel can increase the risk of having a seizure while on Tramadol. I've sinced stopped taking the Seroquel. Do you think it is ok to continue taking Tramadol? It is the only medicine that relieves my chronic neck and back pain. After this last seizure, my license was taken away to avoid an accident if it was to happen while driving. I need to make an appointment with a neurologist to get myself cleared. This is all really new to me and I'm not sure what to think. I was taking Tramadol for at least 8 months before the 1st seizure without a single issue. Then, all of a sudden, I have a 2nd one out of the blue. Do you think I should be concerned? or do you think it has to do with the medicine? Any advice will be appreciated.
SSgirlygirle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote